Thursday 20 September 2007

Bless Me Readers For I Have Sinned...


...it's been nine days since my last confession and that's a long time to go without food. Sorry. Since I didn't have much luck gathering apple-advice in my former post, I had to dust through my archives and find this ancient recipe book known to Danes as Karoline's Køkken (~kitchen).
Underneath a heavy layer of spider webs and those greasy spots that make windows on every page, I actually discovered a recipe that wasn't half bad. A perfect way to finish off apples that are ready for the nursing home:
Apple Pie with an Almond Lid
1 kilo sliced apples
A bit of sugar and lemon juice
150 grams butter
1 decilitre sugar
1 decilitre plain flour
2 decilitres ground almonds
1 teaspoon cinnamon or cardamom
Turn on the oven and set it at 200 degrees. Place the sliced apples in your round baking tin, sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice. Stir the remaining ingredients together and spread the
mixture over the apples. It's perfectly okay to let them peep through the lid here and there - it just looks kinda homely. Cook for 30 mins. & serve with whipped cream and a board game.

No comments: